Best Voices In The Northwest

>> Wednesday, April 4, 2012

So, I don't know how many times I can apologize for letting the blog go quiet. I have had some family shite rise up, and I have just been a bit distracted. But last night, as I was failing to fall asleep, I started writing a list in my mind, and it felt therapeutic.

There are very few things in this world that can stop me dead in my tracks like a voice. Whether it be a powerful, beautiful, understated, gruff or quirky. A voice can break me. Here is a quick list of my favorite voices in the NW right now. Normally, I try to get all poetic and long winded, but this time, I am just going to allow the voices to sell you.

1. Galen Disston (of Pickwick)


2. Abby Gundersen I know she is most well known for singing along side of her brother (below), but there is something so pure about Abby's voice that it is impossible to forget. I hold my breath when she sings. 


3. Noah Gundersen 


4. Charity Rose Thielen (of the Head and the Heart) Don't get me wrong here, Josiah and Jonathan both have heartbreakingly fantastic voices, but Charity kills me when she sings. 


5. Tim Wilson (of Ivan & Alyosha)


6. Brandon Ghorley (of The BGP


7. Allen Stone 


8. Meagan Grandall (of Lemolo)


9. Sarah Jickling (of The Oh Wells)


10. Matt Bishop (of Hey Marseilles)


11. Asy (of Smoosh) I know, not really a NW band anymore, as they relocated to Brooklyn or something, but us NW music lovers still claim them as our own.


12. Mychal Goodweather (of Campfire OK)


13. Bryan John Appleby


14. Pete Quirk (of The Cave Singers)


15. Tess Henley


1 comments:

Jennie Johnson,  April 5, 2012 at 5:04 PM  

Have you heard Mycle Wastman? If we're talking voices, this guy can sing! And where's Tess' brother Carson on this list? That family is so talented! Check em' out if you haven't heard them yet!

Post a Comment